Tuesday, 8 August 2017

Current Favourites

Now. I'm not one for doing monthly favourites. Mainly due to the fact that I just can't seem to get organized enough. Or don't wear makeup as often as the previous month. Or I end up using the same products every time I do do my makeup... which I think would be really boring for people 😄
So I thought that it would be a good idea to share with you my current favourites from the last 6 months or so. That way there'll be a nice assortment :D
Let's get started with the face products.
First up we have the Ultra Contour Palette from Makeup Revolution.
Good grief I love this thing! I've had it for a while now and it is my go to for contour.
I use the second shade on the bottom row... as if you couldn't tell xD
It blends easily and I find that I can build it up for days that I want to look a little more chiseled ;D
The palette is amazing, providing a nice variety of shades with the highlighters and the contour powders.
Massive thumbs up from me... and I'll have to buy another one purely for my favourite contour shade :/
- worth it :D
Speaking of highlighters, here we have the Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette.
I absolutely adore this thing.
In particular I use the shade Subsolar which is the bottom left.
Recently I have been shying away from gold toned highlighters but this one is too amazing not to use.
I seriously pack this stuff on
- even when I'm just going to get the food shop 🙈
it is absolutely  s t u n n i n g ♡
Next up are two powder blushes that I have been toing and froing between...
I have had the Illamasqua Naked Rose blush in my collection for a really long time and it kinda feels like a safe one to use.
By that I mean I don't feel like I need to think 'will this work?', it just seems to always fit in with the rest of my makeup.
The last few years I have felt that I 'can't' wear pink toned blush because of the pink undertone in my skin but I've thrown that idea out of the window.
I wear what I like :)
This Bobbi Brown blush in Tawny is a little bit darker than Naked Rose but I find it just as easy to wear.
Again, this one has been in my collection for the longest time but is always one I go to.
So far this year I've been darting between these two and feel happy with the result every time.
They're both very pigmented and blend beautifully. I find that if I make sure to use a light hand, they give a natural effect and I couldn't ask for more :)
A brush I have fallen back in love with is the MAC 187.
This was my go to foundation brush a few years back
- *cough* 4 *cough* xD
and it has revived it's place as my go to this year so far.
I use it in circular motions and because it's duo fibre, there isn't a lot of pressure on my face when using it.
It has stood the test of time, an oldie but a goodie :)
I'm now going to share with you two eyeshadows that are go to's...
First up is Estee Lauder eyeshadow in Vanilla Pods. I use the shade on the right as a one eyeshadow look.
It's gorgeous ♡
I use a shader brush to apply it to the lid and then take a fluffy brush to blend some more into the crease and transition.
It creates a whole look and it's literally so quick and easy it's insane!
- i'm all for saving time but looking like a spent ages on my makeup xD
And then we have MAC's Sable.
Where do I even begin??
I have been using this exactly the same way as the previous eyeshadow but this really is my ride or die.
This was one of the first eyeshadows I bought from MAC and has been an all time favourite ever since.
I may even wear this on my wedding day 💘
- i'm getting married?!. no? oh okay! i can calm down now xD
Everyone who is a human being needs to own this.
Seriously.
- lol but seriously you need it ;D
Lastly, I have three lip products.
Now, I'm not a lip person... or so I thought.
Up until last winter I always left my lips out of the equation when I did my makeup.
Not sure why but that has changed!
- hooray!
Starting with the Loreal Paris Lip Paint Matte in Babe-In, this has become a regular on my lips.
I really like the finish, it's almost as though you have nothing on which works for me.
It's a nude colour that suits most makeup looks I do.
Has a doe-foot applicator so it's easy to apply without getting it everywhere... Like I usually do xD
Really impressed :)

Then we have two lip pencils from MAC.
A fuchsia shade called Embrace Me. Man will this knock your socks off!
It's bright, loud and beautiful.
With this one I just tend to go all out with my makeup, it provides me with an inner bravery I think xD
And we have Dervish.
This is one I use as a natural lip shade.
It's enough to show I have something on but not enough to worry about throughout the day.
A really easy and simple option to make some effort but not have to keep reapplying :)

I hope that you liked this post. I think it's nice to see what products people have been really loving :)
|          Instagram        |          Twitter        |          Facebook        |          Youtube        |          Pinterest          |          Bloglovin          |  

No comments:

Post a Comment